We've always been amazed at Kiera's verbal skills, and her identification of her letters from a very early age. She impressed us last year at the end of year daycare party for getting an award for "Learning her Letters" and she's been singing ABC's since I can remember. She knows "K is for Kiera" and "L is for Liam" and can pretty much put a name or an animal or something with every letter.
Now her Mommy is still scarred from losing the 4th grade spelling bee to Becky Dowd, for misspelling the word "guarantee." (Yes, I still remember!). I've been hoping that Kiera would erase my memories by some day winning her own 4th grade spelling bee. (Yes, I realize that this makes me sound a bit like a beauty pageant mom living vicariously through her child!)
Sadly, I don't think Kiera will be winning any spelling bees any time soon. She was singing her ABC's in the tub the other night and turned to me and said "A, B, N, M....that spells Kiera." I guess we have a way to go before she's competing in the National Spelling Bee. Until then...we will have to hold on to her Toddler 1 award :)
No comments:
Post a Comment